Well i think i have finally learned to drive a five speed. I had been practicing on my own a little bit and kind of got the hang of it. I decided to put my beginner skillz to the test and take a drive into town yesterday. It was definitley an experience. I died out a couple of times. I also had to wait like forever to pull out into traffic, cuase i was afraid i wouldn't be able to get out of first and then someone would hit me while i was stalled out in the road. It's kind of a brand new driving experience. I enjoy it alot though. It is kind of addicting. You feel like you are more a part of the car and have more controll. ( i guess becuase obviously you do.) In the beginning stages so far though it's a little bit of stress. I have to think alot. I always get nervous about gettin going in first. I pray for the day when i'll be able to do it without thinking. I also tried to tackle my first hill. By that i mean i tried to stop on a hill using the gas, clutch maneuver. That was an adventure all in itself. I didn't realize how much of a challenge that was. I finally got the right amount of balance after several tries. I think once i get that down and this first gear thing i will be golden. I think after learning to drive a 5 speed i don't know if i ever wanna go back to an automatic. It seems kind of boring. However i have not driven in the city, which i have heard is a totally different beast. I guess we shall see.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
5 speed freak!
Well i think i have finally learned to drive a five speed. I had been practicing on my own a little bit and kind of got the hang of it. I decided to put my beginner skillz to the test and take a drive into town yesterday. It was definitley an experience. I died out a couple of times. I also had to wait like forever to pull out into traffic, cuase i was afraid i wouldn't be able to get out of first and then someone would hit me while i was stalled out in the road. It's kind of a brand new driving experience. I enjoy it alot though. It is kind of addicting. You feel like you are more a part of the car and have more controll. ( i guess becuase obviously you do.) In the beginning stages so far though it's a little bit of stress. I have to think alot. I always get nervous about gettin going in first. I pray for the day when i'll be able to do it without thinking. I also tried to tackle my first hill. By that i mean i tried to stop on a hill using the gas, clutch maneuver. That was an adventure all in itself. I didn't realize how much of a challenge that was. I finally got the right amount of balance after several tries. I think once i get that down and this first gear thing i will be golden. I think after learning to drive a 5 speed i don't know if i ever wanna go back to an automatic. It seems kind of boring. However i have not driven in the city, which i have heard is a totally different beast. I guess we shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment