Thursday, August 23, 2012
6 Months of Training
The past 48 hours have been very interesting. I won a contest at work this week. By winning I mean I get to participate in a six month health experiment. When I first received the e-mail i was really excited. To give ya a little back story, the winner of the contest gets free doctor visits, psychologist group sessions, a personal trainer, and a dietitian. All of these services are available for six months for free. So of course I was happy as ever when I first got the news...... Now the rest of it.
So also included in this little experiment at work is a documentation process. Which means my weight, height, blood work, etc. will all be available on the Internet for everyone to track during this six month period. So needless to say I'm Out There! Which kind of sucks. I am kind of a private person. However, i guess it is major motivation.
Now on to the second part. I had to meet with Ms. Story the other day for a meeting. I thought it was just going to be an explanation of what is expected and other mundane things. When I arrive, to my surprise I see that there is a meeting of all the baptist department heads going on. She tells me and the female winner that we are to wait for our introduction. When we get our cue we are to run into the auditorium really excited! (smiling, high fiving, and any other ridiculous thing that just entered your mind) I almost forgot our cue was the theme to Rocky. That's right the movie Rocky. Oh and all of this was going to be videotaped and photographed. Why couldnt' I just have won and that been it. Why do I have to make a jackass of myself too? Anyway I did what I had to do. It went over quite well I guess. I'll see when the finished product comes out.
So that's my life for the next six months. I have to lose weight. If not errrbody at work is going to have something to say about it. I can hear it now. Hey your dukes, man didn't you gain ten pounds last week. You need to tighten that up mane.
I'll update periodically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL!!!!! Congrats on "winning" that contest, Uriel!! No, seriously, other than the little display you had to put on in front of everyone and the fact that your stats are out there for everyone, that is pretty cool that you get the personal trainer and dietitian, etc. If nothing else, it should be motivating. I really need to get back on track. I lost 20 pounds before our vacation, and it's steadily creeping back up!
ReplyDeleteDid anyone video you guys coming into the auditorium to the rocky music?? I'd like to see that!!! :) sounds pretty awesome though - you get the whole works. Dietician etc . . . Pretty sweet deal!!
ReplyDelete