Friday, July 29, 2011
Everyone just cool out.
Labels:
the plantation
Last night at work all was well till about 615. Honestly this part of the morning is usually the most crazy. I don't know what it is about the morning rush and everyone getting ready to give report to day shift but it fuels insanity.
So flashback to this morning. One of my nursing buddies, Richard, decides to give just a little too much sedation to one of our patients. She of course responds by dropping her heart rate and oxygen level. By the time i get to the room this gals fingers are blue. I was like well lemme go ahead and hit this code blue button. I gotta be honest for a second, I love hitting the code blue button. I"m like a giddy school girl when it comes to that. It gives you a small rush. I feel like saying: "it's business time now kids" every time I do it. However, all that is beside the point of this story. So this lady goes under and before I could say the phrase "Tubin Cats" my supervisor appears ready to intubate this small lady. In enters Melba Peete. She immediately grabs the intubation equipment and proceeds to take the head of the bed. I was like OK guess your intubatin this lady. So Melba asks Richard to please push the bed out so she could have some room to work with. She does this two times and I'm thinking please lord don't let this woman have to ask him again. Cause I know Melba. She don't play that. At that point i could feel the tensions rising in the room. Then it happened. Richard looks at her and says ya know it would probably help if you took the breaks off the bed first. Everyone in the room just paused for a minute. It was like everything was in slow motion. I looked over at Melba and she had a look on her face like this:
She says to Richard: oooooooooooooooooooooh that's what the problem is. Why thank you sooo much you are soooooooooooooooo helpful. After she said that it got reaaal thick in the room. I thought man I should say something like "everyone just cool out and let's take care of bidness". However, an even stronger voice in my head said "Uriel, if your listening, SHUT UP!" So I went with option B. It was prob the best route. Later after all the drama had settled there was a half hearted apology and everything went on as if nothing had ever happened. Just another morning rush at the Baptist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment