Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Turining the Corner
Labels:
where's your head at
Last night was the worst. Anxiousness till 4 in the morning. It took a handful of Melatonin to bring me down. Maybe it's because I reached another crossroads.
Maybe because my procrastination has finally caught up to me.
Maybe because where I am is not where i need to be or want to be.
Maybe i talk to much.
Maybe I laugh when i should be serious.
Maybe I'm silent when i should speak up.
Maybe I'm sleeping when i should be out taking my chances.
Maybe if i wasn't afraid to return your phone call. Maybe if i didn't think you would be ashamed of what I've become.
Maybe I should cut you off. Maybe your friendship is like a poison that is slowly killing me, feel the burn? It started at the heart and it has reached my head.
Maybe I forgot who I was, and where i was going.
Maybe I decided to follow and not lead.
Maybe I'm what you need, but the feeling is not the same. Maybe you thought i would never leave you but i am.
Maybe I put you in a place you didn't belong. Maybe I gave you too much and you never returned the favor. I mean what should I expect. I know you. I've known you for years. You haven't changed.
Maybe I should let you die. You've been dead for years. I still hear your voice telling me how to handle it. But i can't ask you why, when, or how.
Maybe it's time to turn around. It's getting hard to walk forwards while looking backwards.
Maybe your in my life to remind me of what I was, where i am, and what I can be. Thanx. You saved my life last night.
Maybe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment