Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Choose the Right Path
The last week or so have been very interesting in the life of Uriel Dukes. I finally cracked my i-phone. I lasted over a year without a case. I would laugh when other people would show up with cracked screens and back plates. I thought it would never happen to me, until my phone met the concrete floor of the Hi-tone. That was pretty much all she wrote for my phone face.
Outside of that, on that same night I let someone read what I wrote about them. I keep a running journal on my phone and it's very rare that i let someone read it. It seemed appropriate that night,and gave me a very good sense of closure I must say. I feel like i crossed the beams in Ghostbusters or something. It sounded crazy but it worked in the end.
Now outside of all of that are alot more serious issues. I came to the realization that my job is killing me. I can't work nights. I can't sleep. I don't sleep. It drives me crazy. I am tired and unmotivated all the time. I can't focus. This has been going on for a while. I guess now i am finally motivated to do something about it. I applied for two day shift jobs. Both are office jobs. I don't know if i'm qualified for either. I gotta try though. So from now on i'm applying for every day shift job that comes available. I feel like my survival depends on it. One of these jobs however would require me to move back to the Sippi. I don't know how i feel about that. But i guess i will deal with that if i get the job. But it does frighten me a little bit.
I also sat down and made a budget for myself. I should have my debt issue taken care of in six months, which will also take alot of stress out of my life. Thank Goodness!
Last but not least I am trying to get back on track spiritually. I want to be a servant again. I turn thirty this year. I never thought i would be thirty and not a servant. But that is my life. Sometimes it's very easy to focus on what you haven't accomplished and disappointments in life than to push forward to reach those goals. I think in my case i doubt myself. But in reality i can do it. At least that's what everyone tells me. I think it's time i started seeing in myself, what my friends see in me. Potential. Sorry didn't mean to use that word. It's kind of like F*%$# or S#@%. At least that's the way I used to feel about it. I guess the truth is, it's a good word. That means people can see positive things in you. People can see that you are more than you are giving. People can see that you have alot to offer and can go places.
A friend once told me that you have to "Own It". So that's what i'm out to do. Own up to all of this potential. Work hard and see the benefits. I think it's about time. Just gotta choose the right path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

you can do it, dukes! glad to hear you're on a mission for a day job! even if it's work that you aren't crazy about, if it lets you sleep and be healthy and focus on what's important, it's worth it! keep me posted!
ReplyDeleteNice work mr dukes! You can totally do it!!! Hope it all works out for you, which im sure it will!
ReplyDelete