Friday, October 30, 2009

Creed? Really?





So a few weeks ago I went with my friend lee to a creed concert in Birmingham, AL. Yeah that's right i said Creed. I didn't even know that: 1. they were still around and 2. they were touring. I really didn't want to go at first. I felt obligated because Lee is a good friend of mine. Plus he told me he couldn't find anyone else to go with him. I still wanted to say no. I mean it's Creed. They are just one Jesus away from being a chrisitan rock band. He said that Creed got him into "alternative rock music". Creed? Really? Nirvana got me into alternative music i thought to myself. But to each his own. So anyway we made our way down to Birmingham in expectation of Staind opening for Creed. Which for me would soften the blow a little bit. However when we finally got into the Arena i see that Staind is not there. Instead Saliva is opening. Which i must admit was a little exciting. I haven't seen Saliva in forever. However last time at Memphis in May they put on a good show. I think they did anyway. My memories from that year are a little clouded. Long story short Saliva was horrible. :( I had more fun watching this woman in front of us dancing horribly. Which i got a clip of . Your Welcome (The quality is not exactly that great. It's my first video with my camera). Creed was quite good to my surprise. I forgot how many songs i remembered and yes sang along to. The whole set up with the fire, and lights, and 3 screens in the background was quite amazing. They put on a good concert. Even though i could of done without the in between song talking from Scott. I don't need to know about how these songs are still the story of your life, and keeping it to a simple formula, and blah blah blah. Just shut up and sing My Own Prison. Anyway thanks lee for a good time!  Oh yeah also slipped in tha pre show footage. Rediculous!







3 comments:

  1. you two are a couple of wild and wooley guys with your alternative rock music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no words. matter o' fact... let me stop typing now. hill-flippin'-larious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you two remind me of the 'Odd Couple', thats friggin hilarious.

    ReplyDelete