So this is a picture of my wallet. I call it the Cat. I have lost it three times. Each time it has come back to me with nothing missing, and all of my money and accounts in tact. The first time i lost it I was riding a bike in Cooper Young. (Don't ask, Don't Tell) It fell out of my pocket on some random street somewhere. I get a call a couple of days later and some nice guy who lived in Midtown found it and returned it to me. I don't even know how he got my cell number. Crazy!
The second time i lost it was last Monday at a Cracker Barrel. We had an after work breakfast extravaganza. When we were out in the parking lot brandon rolls up bumping that old Heavy D and the Boys - Now that we found love. So I just had to do the running man to that. I mean some songs just call for the running man and that is one of them. Anyway apparently i got too much into it and my wallet fell out in the parking lot somewhere. I didn't realize it till i was already home about to be in the bed. I called up the Barrel and they said they found it and put it in the safe for me. I couldn't believe it. Once again in tact and nothing missing.
The third time was two days later at work. Apparently as i was working in PEDS that night i dropped my wallet somewhere. I actually got a little nervous this time cause i didn't realize it was gone till it was about time to go. Then i got my super to call security and they said they had not seen it. So true to form five minutes before it's time to leave work security shows up and asks if i'm Uriel Dukes. I was like yup. Then they handed me my wallet. I couldn't believe it.
So now this makes me wonder. Could i actually lose my wallet. Like if i was in the middle of somewhere and just threw it out the window would it come back to me. I think i am going to first buy a new wallet and take out my important stuff and then just see what happens. I don't know when my wallet turned into the 'Cat' but i would like to see if would keep coming back. Hmmm speaking of which.....
Whenever your wallet shows back up, does that Moriah Carey song start playing in the background? You know, the one that goes:
ReplyDeleteYou'll always be a part of me
I'm part of you indefinitely
Boy don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling 'cause you'll always be my baby...