Saturday, February 21, 2009

long view

It's kind of crazy how life goes. People at my job always talk about how terrible it is. Every nite at work i see people who face death. Whether they are on the table getting intubated, dying of copd, eaten up with cancer, or these past couple of weeks Cystic. I have even been affected in my personal life as of late. Even had a scare this week with dad even though it was a false alarm thank goodness. Last nite a woman asked me if i like my job. She mentioned all of the horrible things we see, such as people dying, crying families, and other things. I had to think about it for a sec. Cause in reality it's so much more than that. But I told her i liked my job. Even though it's surrounded by misery most of the time. There are the good times. You can't beat the people. I have met a classic movie buff who has seen the majority of the best picture winners since they started giving away the oscar for it. Not only does she know her movies, she knows her movie quality. It's kind of amazing really. I met a true scottish woman who came to america when she was just 22. Talk about an interesting life. She reminded me of the old woman from Titanic. Awesmoe life story though. I have met people who have been all sorts of places, and done all sorts of things and every nite i get a chance to meet someone new. Also you can't beat the look on someone's face when they see you taking a personal interest and caring for there loved ones. It makes me love my job. Plus every night is another adventure. Like Tony says: "just another nite in paradise". So like when my cystic girl asks me how i'm doing i always tell her i'm doing good. Cause in the back of my mind i think i could always be the one in the bed, and if i was, the last thing i wanna hear about is someone else's probs. I would like to laugh or converse and if even for a few minutes don't feel like i'm sick or dying, but feel like a normal person enjoying the company of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment