Thursday, September 15, 2011

Anticipation Grows

As my interview gets closer I'm starting to feel the pressure. I guess the weird thing is, it's accompanied with an heir of confidence. In case you haven't been informed yet I'll provide a little background.

I have been applying for jobs like a crazy person. This is all part of my plan to get off of night shift by the end of this year. One of the jobs I applied for is in Colombus, MS. It's a job for  an assistant director of respiratory care. I gotta be honest, I'm not at all qualified for this position. I only have 3 years of experience in my field, with no supervisor experience. However, alot of the time it's not what ya know but who ya know, and I know the director. He's talking like he really wants me to take this job.

Now the other side of the story is quite peculiar. Generally speaking if I get an interview for any job I automatically think: THIS JOB IS MINE. Mostly I've been correct. With the exception of a few here and there. I don't know if it's a sort of arrogance? I think I have always had confidence in my ability to sell myself. If I had a job selling life like dolls (pardon me, action figures) of myself, i'm pretty sure you'd own one. Just sayin. We shall see how this turns out......

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get the job! I hated it when Brandon worked nights!

    ReplyDelete