Sunday, August 5, 2012

Just another Week in the life



This past week has been pretty horrendous. For starters my car is totally messed up. I don't know if the mechanics are going to be able to fix it. I am supposed to get it towed back home tomorrow to see if this guy back home can fix it. If he can't then I"m up a creek. We are talking about a couple of grand. Then comes the decision about what to do. Invest in my old car, or invest in a new car. The second option definitely sounds the best to me. So it looks as if i will have a car payment in my near future.

Just yesterday we had some friends over to the apartment. Charlotte asked me how old I was. I told her i was 30 and she didn't believe it. This was kind of shocking to me. I this it was more her response as to why, than the fact that she didn't know my age. She said that i don't act 30. The crazy thing is that bothered me. I think i am to the point in my life when i would like people to think I'm 30. I guess before i turned 30 i always thought of that age as being old. But now i kind of view it as being responsible and having life somewhat together. However the events of this past week just reminded me along with those comments that i don't have it together. I'm not going to get into a long drawn out discussion about what together means. Because to me it is a relative term that is defined by individuals in there own heads, usually based on circumstances and life experiences. I just know that i am not in the comfort spot i would like to be in by age 30. I think maybe it is time to start acting my age in all aspects of life. I think more responsibility and being a little more serious in life is what is called for. I mean i am on the verge of buying my first vehicle. To me this is an accomplishment that should have been achieved a long time ago. Because of previously mentioned problems however it has not been addressed seriously until now. I think i need to take the initiative instead of being backed into a corner on decisions.

I would love to go deeper into this, but i gotta hitch a ride to work. Till next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your car! I totally feel your pain. Up until a few years ago when we finally broke down and picked up a car payment to get our current car, we seemed to constantly be at the mechanic...or on the side of the road. I hate having a car payment, but it's totally worth some peace of mind in not wondering if you'll make it from point A to point B!

    ReplyDelete